The Feast of the East is a community celebration that highlights the unique character of East Arlington and its many restaurants, specialty shops and other businesses. All Arlington businesses are invited to join in the fun.
East Arlington’s merchants and restaurants invite everyone to this free event that celebrates this unique neighborhood. Many of East Arlington’s 130 businesses will have sidewalk sales, giveaways, and other promotions. Local restaurants will cook and serve food outdoors. In addition, there will be free popcorn, slush, and cotton candy.
2013 event details below:
- Great Food!
Refreshments served all along Mass Ave by Participating Restaurants. Enjoy!
FREE Slush! FREE Cotton Candy! FREE Popcorn!
- Acitrón Mexican Bistro - chili verde, camarones, pollo
- Anthony’s East Side Deli - eggplant, meatballs, specials
- Capitol Creamery - free ice cream topping bar
- Carré Sucré - waffles
- Flora - cookies and lemonade
- Francesca’s Kitchen - grilling barbecue and pizza
- Kathmandu Spice - chicken momo, veg pakora, samosas
- Maria’s Pizza - grilling at Trinity Baptist Church
- Punjab - vegetarian & meat curries
- Quebrada Baking Company - cookies & cupcakes
- Sabatino’s - pastas and pizza
- Sabzi - Persian chelow kabobs
- Something Sweet Without Wheat - gluten-free
- The Savory Plate - flavorful fare from around the world
- Wings Over Arlington - wings & tenders
- ZA - gourmet pizza samples
On Mass Ave from the Capitol Block to Trinity Baptist Church
Beth Snider 11:00 - 12:00 at the Fox
Barry Perlmutter “the Beatles Guy” 12:00 - 1:30 on the Capitol block
The Hardy Boys Band1:00 - 2:30 at the Fox
Fun and Entertainment!
- Pony Rides: The Well-Dressed Pony
- Kiddie Rides: Bounce & Obstacle Course at Trinity Baptist Church
- Clarity the Clown
- Face Painting • Art Activities on the Capitol Block and at Fox Library
- Sidewalk Sales • Giveaways • Store Specials at participating businesses along Mass Ave
- The festival is a collaboration of the Town of Arlington, the residents and businesses of East Arlington (also known as Capitol Square). The concept of celebrating the East Arlington community started 15 years ago. This event is fully funded and run by area businesses as well as East Arlington residents. If you are interested in sponsoring the event, volunteering or in participating as a restaurant or vendor please call Jan Whitted at 781-646-2200. Registration to become a vendor has closed.
Participating Businesses & Community Groups
Ana Cecillio, Artist
Arlington Center for the Arts
Arlington Historical Society
Arlington Public Art
ATED Arlington Tourism & Economic Development
Artbeat Creativity Store & Studio
Artwear • Brookline Bank
Cambridge Savings Bank
Capitol Theatre • Clay Dreams
Continentale Hair Salon
Friends of the Fox • Friends of Spy Pond Park
Housing Corporation of Arlington
J & D Cleaners • Leader Bank
Lexington Driving School • Lois Mitchell, Artist
Maida Pharmacy • Marbella Design Studio
Maxima Gift Center
Next Step Living • Owens Corning
Personal Care Chiropractic & Massage
Quinn Group Insurance • Salvage
Sustainable Arlington • 13FOREST Gallery
Trinity Baptist Church • Walking in Arlington
Walter Fey, CPA • Watertown Savings Bank
Zhen Ren Chuan