Feast of the East is a community celebration that highlights the unique character of East Arlington and its many restaurants, specialty shops and other businesses. The East Arlington business district is known as Capitol Square.
Restaurants, stores, community groups and artisans from Arlington and surrounding towns come together for a fun day in Capitol Square. There’s something for everyone!
Here’s what’s happening:
- Great Food!
Refreshments served all along Mass Ave by Participating Restaurants. Enjoy!
- Angelina’s Pastry – cannolis, biscotti, cupcakes
- Anthony’s East Side Deli - sausage, meatballs, hotdogs
- Capitol Creamery - free ice cream topping bar
- Flora – Farm Stand
- Francesca’s Kitchen - grilling barbecue and pizza
- Kathmandu Spice - chicken momo, veg pakora, samosas
- Maria’s Pizza - grilling at Trinity Baptist Church
- Punjab - Indian fare
- Quebrada Baking Company - cookies & cupcakes
- Sabzi - Persian chelow kabobs
- Something Sweet Without Wheat - gluten-free
- Thai E-Sarn Cuisine - Thai specialties
- ZA - gourmet pizza samples
- Sing and jam with local musicians at the Fox Library
- Create sidewalk mandalas with Arlington Center for the Arts, and get a preview of Arlington Public Art’s pop-up exhibit Chairful Where You Sit
- Make art with portrait artist Lisa Cordner at Artbeat, and stock up on art supplies for the summer with a 20% - 50% off sale.
- Get psychic with Luv and Other Gifts, hosting Tarot Card reader Nancy Reinhardt
- Elmo pays a visit to his friends at Tony's All Sport Barbershop, so grab your camera and bring the kids down for a photo with their favorite pal!
- Enjoy storewide sales at Maxima Gift Center and Artwear Clothing Boutique
- Get faces painted and bounce on inflatables on the lawn at Trinity Baptist Church and on the Capitol block
- Indulge in free popcorn, cotton candy, and snow cones
- Find the friendly clown and take home the balloon animal of your choice!
- Check out one-of-a-kind handmade items from local artisans
- Look for sidewalk sales, raffles, and giveaways all along Mass Ave
- The festival is a collaboration of the residents and businesses of East Arlington (also known as Capitol Square) and is fully funded by sponsorships and participants. If you are interested in sponsoring the event, volunteering or in participating as a restaurant or vendor please call Rich Bertolucci 617-441-4236 or at Jan Whitted at 781-646-2200. Registration to become a vendor is now open.
Participating Businesses & Community Groups from 2014′s event:
Amber Gabrielle, Artisan • Angelina’s Pastry
Anthony’s East Side Deli
Arlington Center for the Arts
Arlington Entrepreneurs • Arlington Public Art
ATED Arlington Tourism & Economic Development
Arlington Swifty Printing
ARTBEAT Creativity Store & Studio
Artwear • Bowes Real Estate
Casa Esme Bilingual Nursery School
Cambridge Savings Bank
Capitol Square Business Association
Capitol Theatre & Creamery
Clay Dreams • Flora Restaurant • Francesca’s Kitchen
Friends of the Fox • Friends of Spy Pond Park
Himalayan Crafts • Housing Corporation of Arlington
Kathmandu Spice • Kiki’s Jewelry Box
Leader Bank • Lexington Driving School
Lisa Cordner, Portraits • Little Fox Shop
LUV and Other Gifts • Maida Pharmacy
Marbella Design Studio • Maria’s Pizza
Maxima Gift Center • Mothers Out Front
Next Step Living • Owens Corning
Personal Care Chiropractic & Massage
Quebrada Baking Company • Re-Use Vintage Home Goods
Sabzi Persian Kabob • Salvage
Something Sweet Without Wheat • Sustainable Arlington
Thai E-Sarn Cuisine • 13FOREST Gallery
Thumatipics • Trinity Baptist Church
Walter Fey, CPA • Watertown Savings Bank
Willow Baby Studios • Willow’s Creatures
ZA Restaurant • Zhen Ren Chuan